Snow, Target, and Taxes
As all teachers know, the best seven letters in the alphabet are S N O W D A Y. This morning just kept going from good to better. I was abruptly awoken at 3:45 am by a huge crack of thunder followed by onslaught of rain and hail. I remembered that the overnight low was going to be in the mid 20s, and I thought "I'll probably have a 2 hour delay. Sweet!" The rain and snow kept coming and, sure enough, when I woke up and turned on the TV my school was delayed 2 hours. Of course, I rolled over and slept another hour. Upon waking up, I went downstairs, turned on CNN, and started to get some breakfast ready. I noticed it was snowing very hard, and crossed my fingers. To my delight, the school day was canceled shortly after. Beautiful.
I spent the day shoveling snow (which was worth it even though by the time I got to it it was piled at least 4 inches high and half melted, thusly very heavy), going to the gym, trying to learn the changes to "four," and applying for a job at Target. I've decided, or I should say Lisa decided for me, that I'm going to get a part time job to supplement my three days of teaching. I think that even though getting a part time job would be a drag, it would be good for us to have some extra money. It would also help motivate me further to go back to school, or get a full time teaching job.
Getting a job would also help me spend my free time more wisely. When you only work three days a week, you have a four day weekend. At first, this is great, especially when the weather is nice and there are repairs to make on the house. After a while, it gets to be too much. Of course, there's always practicing, but it's tough for me to do more than 1 and half or two hours a day with nothing to practice for.
Some good news. Taxes are done! Well almost. Lisa and I went to H&R Block. We wanted to make sure that everything was done correctly, and it was worth it. We're getting a big refund back. Single guys, get married. Married couples get a $10,000 tax credit. Woo Hoo! Man, I feel old getting excited about this.

3 Comments:
You know what else gives you a big tax break? Nudge, nudge.
He'll have to wait for his testicles to drop first. :)
Watch out for all those single middle aged women at target, they are just waiting for a cutie like you. :)
Guys--can I get a ride to Target?
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home