Paging Dr. Freud!
What a beautiful weekend. This is what spring is all about. Now that it is late Sunday night, I'm regretting not spending more time outside. We don't have too many days until the heat and humidity of summer start to set in. I think I'm going to start taking walks with my Ipod and listen to music while I walk.
Speaking of music...I bought recordings of some Beethoven string quartets today. I've only listened to about two movements so far (on the car ride back from Barnes and Noble), but I'm into it already. I found myself really trying hard to figure out the themes and sections of the forms while I was listening, ala music history. I'm really glad for those classes. That's easy to say now that I don't have to take tests and quizzes.
Speaking of music history quizzes...I had a dream last night that I missed a music history quiz. In my dream it was a Sunday, and I was watching a college football game (which are usually on Saturday) in a restaurant like Applebees. Well, I got into the game and had some drinks and looked at the clock. The clock said 1:19, the class and quiz were to begin at 1:00. The last part of my dream were trying to figure out what to tell Dr. Peters. When I woke up, I was a bit agitiated. I wasn't sweating or anything, but the dream seemed so real. It's odd that I'd have a dream like that nearly a full year out of school. I wonder what it meant...besides the fact that I'm a total nut bar. Maybe something to do with going back to school. Oh well, it's hard to tell.
It just occurred to me that buying those Beethoven CDs and the way I was listening might have had something to do with the dream. Strange that both events happened on the same day.
Concert with the little 'uns this week. It should go like clockwork, they're ready to roll. Me too.
Give a shout if you want to come out to Rochester. Lisa and I would love some visitors.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home