Monday, June 05, 2006

Don't Bite the Hand that Feeds You

Today was my last day as an employee of the Dover-Eyota School District. A bittersweet day. I will miss my colleagues and most of the students...but on to bigger and better things. Now that it's sunk in that I actually am done with this job, I'm really gearing up for school next fall. I think my natural state is still that of a student. Sad.

I've already begun reviewing theory for the entrance exam. Written will be ok. Aural...why didn't I listen to Dr. Smith and practice my aural theory? I've been going through my old theory notes again and it's coming back. Tomorrow I think I'll try a few of the worksheets and analyses to see if I can still figure music out. Give me the key signature for the key parallel to the minor key with two sharps!!! That brings back good memories.

The dog bit me two days ago. Ouch. If you ever get a dog there are a few things you shouldn't do unless you want to be a dog bite getting idiot like myself. First, if your dog has been bad and you are going to put him in another room as punishment don't yell at him first. Secondly, if he runs away when you come after him, don't chase. He is a dog and you are a slow human. Thirdly, when you corner him under the coffee table...this is the really important part...don't reach under the table for his collar. You might get bit by the dog. Live and learn.

4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Ryan and Max's Mama said...

Dr. Smith...what a great guy.

B Major, right?

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Maestro Dynamite said...

You're close. 5 Sharps.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Wow, replace the word "dog" with "your mom," and I think you got something there...

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger gnate said...

Pat: single tear of joy. Like when Jeff said that one funny thing that one time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home