What is a Hydrangea Anyway?
My bands students and I had our spring concert last Thursday. They did a real good job. I was pleasantly surprised with a lot of the music. Nothing went awry, which is an indication to me that I had them very well prepared, so I'm happy about that. I realized that these concerts are about the only time where I have 100% focus from the band. They were all really concentrating on playing well in front of their parents and friends, and it showed in the group's sound (which I felt was much improved from rehearsals). It made me wish I could get that kind of focus from them in rehearsals...not an easy task considering their age, the fact that the rehearsal is at the very end of the school day, and that I'm still an inexperienced teacher. Here's to improvement!
I have a concert today with a trombone ensemble I play with in Rochester. It's a fun group. Nothing like the UWEC trombone choir, but fun nonetheless. The group is mostly Mayo employees (doctors and the such) who play just for fun. I hope it goes well. I'm sure it will.
Lisa and I planted a tree in our front yard two days ago. I'm excited to see it grow. We also planted some hydrangea bushes along the front of the house. The bushes will make it look so much nicer from the street. It's been raining all weekend here...good for the plants. I live an exciting life.

2 Comments:
The tree is like a symbol of your new life and new love...may it *gag* grow tall and *vomit* mighty with each passing *wretch* year.
I'm looking forward to the day when I have a yard to putter around in.
I planted a tree on Saturday in my front yard. I love trees :) What kind of tree did you plant? Ours is a little white oak.
Post a Comment
<< Home