"Dogs and Cats Living Together!"
A little Bill Murray from Ghostbusters above...read on.
It's been a while since I last posted, and a lot has happened since.
First off, I found out last week (or was it two weeks ago?) that I am getting scholarship money after all. It was looking like the music deptartment had nothing for me, but I got lucky. My scholarship amount isn't like James' and Colins,' but it's substaintial. It will certainly take the strain off of the finances in the Hartson household during forthcoming years. Whew!
My second bit of news is real cool...and real new. I got a dog! Two hours ago. He's a pure bred rat terrier, which probably sounds bad, but isn't. He's more terrierish than ratish...I think. He's about nine months old. I don't have a name for him yet...hence the calling him "him." He was named Scooter by his previous owner, but I'll probably change it. Any suggests...real ones Hertel, and Nate, and, well, pretty much all of you.
It's been an interesting day for the cat. She seems to be getting over the dog's presence. I have her locked in my studio with the dog and me. The dog is in his crate. Katy (the cat) is sitting in the window sill not three feet away from him, so there seems to be some peace. I hope those two get along. It's looking like they will soon enough.
I officially resigned from work last week, which was bittersweet. Considering what is in store for me next year, though, I have no regrets. I've learned this year that I don't have the temperament for teaching young children. I imagine that if I kept a job like this I'd end up an insane burnout, or be totally jaded and forget what music really is. Hats off to the real educators of children out there.
I am struggling to keep my focus at work, especially now that the concert is over. I think I'm still doing good work (for me), but I'm getting that itch for summer vacation. Summer is great. Grilling out, sleeping with the windows open (on cool nights), long days, carefreeness. Yeah.
It's getting dark. I'm going to walk my dog.

6 Comments:
Funny you should mention dog names...I watched a show last night on which the couple got a new dog, and named it "Colin." It was a particularly hilarious episode for me, hearing the couple talk about how cute "Colin" is and walking/cleaning up after him.
Ditto on the educator deal. Not that you couldn't be, but I knew I wasn't one a long time ago (no, I mean, even before my junior year.) Those real teachers are like Braveheart, or something. Except without the head-shmashing on horseback (or maybe....)
I think you should name it Tish.
Or name it Tisch (as in Dennis). Like his namesake...he'll never leave your side, and he won't shut up.
"Tisch" also means 'table' in German. But a half vote for 'Triumph' too. Like the motorbike, right?
How about Tucker? It is a clean little name that can be easily changed to express your true feelings in times of need. :)
Yeah...I usually wait until after dark to walk the dog too...don't want any neighbors peekin' in through the window.
Post a Comment
<< Home