Monday, June 19, 2006

Bad News and Good News


The bad new first. We had to get rid of our dog. The biting incident I wrote about a week and a half ago turned out to not be an isolated thing. He went after me the next day and missed. The day after that he grabbed onto Lisa's hand and hung on. She's alright, but it left quite a bruise. We talked to a local dog expert and my aunt (who is an amateur dog trainer) and everyone agreed that it wasn't safe to keep the dog around anymore. We ended up taking him back to the place we got him from, which was a foster home. He bit these foster parents too, so he's been put down. It's really sad, because other than the biting he was a great dog. Lisa and I were pretty depressed about having to give him up, but we're feeling a lot better now even though we still miss him.

The up side of not having a dog around is that the cat has come out of hiding. The thing about cats (or my cat anyway) is that they will only associate with you on their terms i.e. if they don't feel like being around you (which is often) they'll leave. Therefore, the cat is no substitute for the dog, but it's nice to see her upstairs more. Here is proof that cat is comfortable once again.


Truly pathetic.


On to better news. We're leaving tomorrow for Costa Rica. Should be fun. I'm excited. We're driving up to the cities tonight and staying with some friends. Our flight leaves tomorrow at 5:20 am. That is going to be painful, but a few margaritas on the beach that afternoon will ease that pain. The place we're staying at is all inclusive. I've never stayed at an all inclusive resort before, but I've heard that it's the way to go. It'll be nice not having to worry about paying for drinks and most meals. I'll give the full report when I get back next week.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Costa Rica is AMAZING. Make sure you make it into the jungle at least once. Have a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home