I'm Back
Well, it's been awhile.
Here's the summer in a nutshell.
We had to get rid of our first dog. He bit both Lisa and I. I still have a big scar on my hand. He also bit the people who took him, so I think they had to put him to sleep. It's sad, but he was pretty dangerous. On the brighter side, we got a new dog. Her name is Daisy. She's very submissive (i.e. not a biter), but has a neurosis which I won't go into right now. All in all, she's a good dog.
I'm really ready for school to start. I'll be happy once entrance exams are over. I hope I pass them. I've been studying pretty hard, mostly learning the aural theory I was supposed to learn at UWEC. It'll be nice to get back into a good musical environment.
I had an audition tonight. I had to play a solo (the Strauss Nocturne), Hungarian March, Brahms 4 chorale, and Tuba Mirum. All 2nd parts. I was all practiced up and sounding really good today at home and at the site warming up. Then I get into the audition room and BAM suckfest. I think my mind was as close to 100% unfocused as its ever been while playing. Chalk another one up for experience I guess. I think that we all have to go through so many bad auditions/performances/etc before we earn goodness. I don't know how many I have to go through personally, but I've got one fewer now. Oh well, back the practice room.
I don't know if anyone is even still checking this page. If you're out there, leave a comment saying hi so I know I'm not talking to myself here.

4 Comments:
You're not writing to hear yourself talk...I've been checking all summer. Hope that your honeymoon/vacation in June was good.
Brooke (Jake's sister) ended up not passing her music history entrance exams out at USC by a point, so they let her pass anyway. So, what I'm saying is good luck! Just think of Dr. Smith.
We're all talking to ourselves--just letting others listen.
Missing the musical environment myself. Auditions are fun.
Must need a beer--I was reading that Daisy is "not a bitter." Good. Not a bitter fan, anyway.
Of course I'm still checking your page. :)
I'm still here, and I'm still reading ... good luck with the beginning of the school year.
Post a Comment
<< Home