Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Kwanzaa Post

Ang and Hertel. For the record, it wasn't a mistake. Just a bad joke that's funnier than hell in person, but looks like a typo on the blog. Thanks for laughing anyway. (Incidentally, I've been the butt of that same joke numerous times.)

Well, Lisa and I spent a little extra time in Oconomowoc this week. Lisa's grandmother had a stroke that ultimately lead to her passing on Dec. 28th. Luckily she died fairly quickly and without pain. We will be going back to O town for the funeral service on Friday. After that, I am swearing off trips to Oconomowoc for a least 2 months, maybe until the baby is born.

Speaking of the baby, she's kicking Lisa a lot. She seems real healthy. I keep seeing baby girls when I go out in public (rare indeed) and I'm starting to get excited...moreso. Lisa is starting to look big (cute pregnant big not fat slob big) and that is making the whole ordeal seem even more real (which it is) and close (which it is -- even though I have to go through a whole semester of school before it happens).

Christmas was good. I got a new Jo-Ral straight mute from Lisa, a new top of the line Dr. Beat metronome and some Alessi CDs from my parents, a rain stick from my sister Alyssa (who gives me interesting instruments of different cultures each Christmas including a didgeridoo and a whole smattering of unusual percussion instruments), and other great stuff from my brothers that I can't seem to recall at the moment. Rick gave me some magnets that are views of the backside of different cats with their tails up. Of course, in true cat form, you can see the anus. Should help with the New Years Resolution diet (smaller portions for the love of not having to buy new pants).

New Years was dull. Dinner with the parents and in-laws. Watch the Packer's beat the Bears in a totally meaningless game. Toasted at 11:00 when the ball dropped in NY City and was the only one up in the house at 12:00 CST. Some people's lives are like a roller coaster. Mine is the teacups at Disney World. Hang on loose.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Ryan and Max's Mama said...

Well, I'm sure Lisa looks big even now, because she was tiny to begin with. Probably should not say that to her face though. There might be tears.

For teh record, I knew you were kidding and not a typo, but I still thought it was funny. So did Jake, because I told him.

See you later, Mr. Hildebrand. Or Mr. Lisa.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger J said...

It was funny either way :) So Joe are you gaining any related weight as a reaction to Lisa's pregnancy? Maybe a little Buddha :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home