Sunday, August 12, 2007

Alicia Laughing

Here is a video of Lisa and Alicia playing. Obviously, Alicia is really enjoying herself. She had never laughed like this before. Lucky thing that Lisa took the video.


Here's a quick blow by blow of the summer so far:

Alicia is doing really well. As you can see she is a LOT bigger. Lisa went back to work a week and a half ago, so I've been playing Mr. Mom at home. I'm finally getting the hang of it after a few tough first days. Each day I spend with her, the more I enjoy it.

I finished a summer class last Friday. It was post-tonal theory, i.e. set classes and tone rows and things like that. It's "intellectual" music. That is if you define intellectual as pretending that music that doesn't sound good sounds good. Of course there are exceptions, but you won't see me running out to by "Schoenberg's Greatest Hits" or "Webern Jock Jams vol. 2." The class was taught by an incredibly nice man who was damn near completely useless as a teacher. I actually read the book (!!), his explanations were so incoherent! Well, most of it. But its over now, so it's ok.

On August 3rd I played with Randy and Pat and some members of the E.C. trombone choir at the Twins game. We played the SSB before the game and it was wicked fun! I'll post video if I ever get it. We actually ended up being part of a tribute to the victims of the I-35 bridge, so it was a real moving experience. I guess it proves that you never know when something like that will pop up. Naturally, the twins went on to not support their pitcher (Santana) with any sort of run support.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I was going to make some sarcastic remark about you showing your daughter pictures of Colin to make her laugh...but honestly that would probably make her scream and cry.

Which is good. She should develop those tendencies early so she can build up her defenses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home