Why Not
What do you drink with dinner?
Soda, water, juice, booze, or wine if I want to class it up a bit.
What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Barbecue sauce.
What is your favorite type of food/cuisine?
Italian.
What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Star Wars, LOTR, Chris Farley/David Spade movies to name a few.
Were you in sports in high school?
Basketball freshman year. Then I was able to cope with the fact that I suck at sports and gave it up.
Were you a boy/girl scout?
Nope.
When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
A long time ago, but Hayley is going to send me one very soon so I'll write her back.
Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Ha! The most recent was driving Evil Brother GaryNate home from the bone dinner. I fell into a speed trap in some hickville town in Trempleau County at 1:30 in the morning. I was doing 55 in a 35. They got me right after the speed limit dropped for hickville. The one before that was on I-90 between Rochester and Winona. I had Lisa and Kristin Yost in the car. We were headed to Branden's funeral. The cop drove across the grass median at at least 60 miles an hour and spun around before coming after me. Luckily I was smart enough to not use being late for the funeral as an excuse and avoided some lame cop line about causing my own funeral. Generally speaking, I'm good for a ticket every year and a half to two years or so.
Ran out of gas?
Once. I was driving up the really steep hill on State Street in E.C. I was only a couple hundred yards from that gas station on Clairemont at the top of the hill, so it was a short walk. I think I would have made it if the terrain was flat.
Favorite kind of sandwich?
Turkey and cheese on white bread with lots-o-mayo and honey mustard.
Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I eat a muffin and a banana in the car on the way to the U each day.
What is your usual bedtime?
10:00ish during school. Whenever I get tired any other time.
Are you lazy?
About half of the time
Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I would say I'm an introverted extrovert.
What's your favorite mixed drink?
Brandy Old Fashioned
When you were a kid what did you dress up as for Halloween?
My best costume ever was the year I went as Optimus Prime. It was sweet.
Do you read the newspaper?
Occasionally. I don't subscribe to one.
How many languages can you speak?
Uno.
Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Reader's Digest is all right now. I want to get a few more.
Is Fabio ugly?
Nope. The legions of attention starved, middle-aged housewives can't be wrong.
Which are better Legos or Lincoln Logs?
Legos
Red wine or white wine?
Depends on the entree'.
Are you stubborn?
Nope.
Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
Conan. Letterman's too weird and creepy. Leno is not fit for network TV. He's not too funny on the Tonight Show, but I've heard he's amazing in private shows.
Watch a soap opera?
Nope.
Afraid of heights?
Yep. I've always been. I'm better now than I used to be. I fell off a ladder a year and a half ago. That didn't help.
Sing in the car?
Used to. Don't much anymore.
Dance in the shower?
That's stupid.
Dance in the car?
See above.
Ever used a gun?
Never. I prefer to kill with my bare hands.
Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
Probably at my wedding.
Are musicals cheesy?
Yes, they're supposed to be.
Is Christmas stressful?
Nope.
Ever eat a pierogie?
Is that Italian for "your mom?" If so...then yes...I have.
Favorite type of fruit pie?
See above.
Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Doctor, baseball player, astronaut. Cool things like that. Definitely not a trombone jock.
Do you believe in ghosts?
Oooooh. Nope.
Ever have a Deja vu feeling?
Haven't I filled out this survey before?
Take a vitamin daily?
Nope, but I should.
Wear slippers?
Nope. If I had some I'd probably wear them.
Wear a bath robe?
I used to.
What do you wear to bed?
Pajama bottoms or boxers, depending on the season, and a T-shirt if it's cold.
First concert?
I think my first concert was Everclear at Summerfest. I still love listening to the Sparkle and Fade album. I haven't heard it in years, come to think of it though. My first concert playing would have to have been at Okauchee School in 5th grade. I'm sure I was a superstar.
Any tattoos?
I don't think so, but my head won't spin around far enough to see my butt.
Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
Target.
Nike or Adidas?
New Balance.
Fritos or Cheetos?
Doritos.
Corn nuts or sunflower seeds?
Peanuts.
Ever heard of "gorp?"
Yes, its good. Raisins and M&Ms taste so good together.
Ever take dance lessons?
Lisa made me go to two before our wedding. We didn't learn anything.
Is there a profession that you picture your perfect future spouse to have?
Nurse.
Can you curl your tongue?
I can curl my tongue into three loops. Honest.
Ever won a spelling bee?
Nope. I was in one and I lost on the word greedy, which I spelled G - R - E - A - D - Y. People always get knocked out on words they know.
Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Nope.
5 words that describe you?
Husband, father to be, trombonist.
Own any record albums?
Lot's of em'.
Own a record player?
No, but my brother has one he's going to give me.
Regularly burn incense?
Nope.
Ever been in love?
Yep.
Who would you really like to see in concert?
Alessi, Mark Lawrence, The Red Hot Chili Peppers ten years ago, Michael Brecker, Jon Scofield with MMW to name a few.
Hot tea or iced tea?
I'm not a tea drinker.
Tea or coffee?
I'm not a coffee drinker, either.
Favorite kind of cookie?
Peanut butter with Reese's Pieces. If you come and visit, I'll make some. They're good.
Can you swim well?
No. I suck at swimming. When I kick my legs, I get practically no propulsion and I just don't know why.
Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?
Yeah, can't everyone?
Ever had braces or a mouth piece?
I have a Bach 5G and 7C. I used to have a a Schilke 51D and a Bach 61/2 AL. Ba dum psh.
Are you artistic?
I hope so.
Are you patient?
I think so.
DJ or band, at a wedding?
We had a DJ. Didn't want my friends to have to spend the whole reception working.
Ever won a contest?
I don't think so.
Have plastic surgery?
Unneccesary.
Which are better, black or green olives?
Black I think.
Can you knit or crochet? Hope. I guess Hertel can sew. Of course, "actually he's better at knitting." Anyone get that reference? James?
Best room for a fireplace?
Living Room.
Want to get married?
That would be illegal...unless I lived in Utah.

4 Comments:
Someday, if you are really lucky, when you're really old, I'll knit you a scarf. :)
you bet i do. educational pyschology with whatsherface. easiest teacher ever. i believe the exact quote was "actually, i knit better than i sew." good times.
Good work, James! Her name was Carrie Madden...I think. Mmmmk?
Yes, mmmmmk, mmmmmk. I remember feeling frustrated with her since she had never taught in a school setting but had somehow 'acquired' the knowledge of teaching. (Perhaps through episodes of South Park?)
Post a Comment
<< Home