End of Hiatus
Needless to say I've been busy, and the blog has been neglected. I'm still busy (for a few more weeks), but I'm going to try real hard to keep this going. Let me start off by offering up a few choice baby pictures.
She is cute. That last picture is my favorite out of all the pictures we've even taken or had professionally taken. We went to the pumpkin patch today to get...you guessed it...a pumpkin. Alica's opinion ranged anywhere from indifferent to asleep the entire time we were there, but Lisa and I enjoyed it as parents. It was a real neat place. It had all sorts of different areas that would be tons of fun for a five year old. Had it not been for Alicia strapped to my chest, I would have felt pretty silly walking through there at all.
School is going well. It'll be going even better in a month and a half when I'm done. It's not that I don't enjoy it. It's just that whenever I'm so near the end of something I want to be done with it and move onto the next thing. It's human nature, I think.
On November 19th I am playing my recital at 3:35 in the afternoon. If you can, please come and give a listen. It should be pretty good...I hope. For all of the trombone jocks out there, I'll be playing the Wagenseil, 4 songs from George Butterworth's "Shropshire Lad," the Casterede, Basta, and the Hindemith. All in all, I think it's a pretty interesting program.
After the recital is over, my schedule will consist of little more than a few lessons (NOT focusing on recital rep, which will be nice), quartet rehearsals and studio class. I'll be done with ensemble by then. Obviously, my schedule will be wide open, so to all of my friends in the cities - let's do lunch! Have your people call my people (which is my voice mail).

2 Comments:
Wait--you're saying you would have felt silly WITHOUT a baby strapped to your chest? Uh-huh.
Recital, eh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 'HOW MANY DAYS'+3. Perhaps I'll make a 4-day weekend of it. (Alright! 2 weeks of 4 10s!)
Baby = license to do just about anything that would before have made you seemed creepy :)
Post a Comment
<< Home