Recital
Well, two days until my recital. I think it's going to be pretty good, because for the first time in 4 recitals I'm actually anxious to give it instead of secretly wishing for another month. In fact, if I had another month I'd probably go insane. Am I saying I'm as good as I could ever be on the music? No. I've just been working on this stuff for so long I need to perform it and continue my growth as a trombone player on different music.
Rehearsals have been going well. My pianist, Gloria Kim, and I really click. We pretty much are able to put really tough repertoire together on minimal time. Also, she loves playing trombone solos! It's so nice when your piano player loves the music as much as you do. Stacy Kern is playing bassoon on one of the pieces and she basically walked in to our first rehearsal ready for performance, which, while not surprising, was very nice.
So here's the lowdown if anyone reading this wants to come.
Monday, November 19, 2007 3:35 p.m. Ultan Recital Hall - Ferguson Hall - U of M Campus
Rep: Wagenseil Concerto in Eb Major
Butterworth Four Songs From 'A Shropshire Lad'
Casterede Sonatine
Rabe Basta
Hindemith Sonata
I'll report on next week on how it went.
In other news. The family will be in Eau Claire for Thanksgiving on Thursday of next week. Sometime on Friday we'll leave for Oconomowoc for yet another Thanksgiving meal. We'll return home, probably, on Sunday. Granted, there's not much time to hang, but if anyone will be near us in those few days and you want to see Lisa, myself, or the baby let me know and we'll try to meet up.

2 Comments:
Damn, I missed it. I was going to post for your one year without a post anniversary :)
Coming up on two years. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home